negotiations

Britain and the EU: Defining Change

Posted on Updated on

12974587273_21e75b37f4

By Frederick Brock

The Context

A recent poll conducted by ORB International put British support for withdrawing from European Union membership at 52%.[1] This figure fluctuates from month to month, with June-September showing a consistent lead for staying in and current support for remaining in the EU at 48%. With such a close race to the finish and a referendum on membership around the corner in 2017, it seems remarkable that the continental press is paying so little attention to what’s going on. The political ramifications of ‘Brexit’ – aka British exit – could be more far reaching than even the migration crisis in terms of its impact on Europe’s future. Read the rest of this entry »

Advertisements

The US, Ukraine’s biggest fan

Posted on Updated on

by Regina Oladipo

taken from: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2014/03/06/congress-obama-russia-sanctions/6118199/
taken from: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2014/03/06/congress-obama-russia-sanctions/6118199/

It would seem that the United States are struggling to maintain a strong hand over the situation in Ukraine. Whilst other European countries such as Germany and the United Kingdom are taking a rather wimpy and weak approach to the issues with Russia. America has made active gestures to attempt a unification of Europe against the federation of Russia. Read the rest of this entry »